Sunday, June 27, 2010

Vintage fabric haul

It didn't last long. The thought that I should stop my thrifting for fabric!
I was very happy last week bringing these home....

The op shops were good to me last week. I loved this bright floral- made up into an apron. My vintage apron collection is growing!

A small tablecloth...
Especially chuffed with the bold floral fabric above- I know it will make up beautifully into a large bag. Then I found some more modern patterns..

Lastly, some big buttons. Small buttons are in all the op shops- they are easy to find. It is particularly rewarding to find buttons large enough to suit our handles or designs. My shopping should be satisfied for a while, school holidays will keep me too busy to thrift.  I did spend a few joyous hours sewing gifts last week. Perhaps we'll put a few more items together to add to the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment