Thursday, July 8, 2010

More retro and vintage for my fabric stash

Reading other thrifter's blogs, and hearing the physical sensations of delight when they find a fabric they adore - makes me realise I am not alone! I'm not sure if my heart skips a beat or if it simply gets faster...but it was certainly activated when I found this little haul for my stash! All from the one op shop.

Florals and more. The sprigged cotton looks Australian - I would love to know.

Even though this pink floral was on an acrylic/polyester I had to snatch it up. The floral below was a much more durable fabric.
Above this contemporary shirting will be perfect lining some of my black bags. It's great fun mixing old and new.

The blue and white material below could be upholestery fabric- I have earmarked it for a clutch.
Love, love gingham and am always happy to find it secondhand. I love it with florals and spots....

Retro below: last week when I bought this fabric, I walked into a public toilet tiles in exactly the same 70's shades with similar pattern. I'm still not sure what it to become of it.

Best for last. For me, anyway. Another polyester - I couldn't help it- despite our hot hot summers. It will drape beautifully- I am picturing what style of top it will become. Perhaps a bag or two as there is plenty of length.

Time to sew if only to make room in my cupboard for this lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment